Monday, December 22, 2008

It's cold!

I am beyond excited. It even dipped all the way to 19! Look at that number, it may be old news to those of you up north, where a double digit means a warm spell, but to me this as close as I'm getting to a respectable winter.

Damn, I miss snow. I wouldn't even mind driving in it again, if I lived somewhere that just a light dusting causes everyone to lose their shit. On the radio they have to constantly remind people that just because they have 4 wheel drive and can go fast on the ice, that eventually they will have to stop.

I wish I was kidding.

I can't believe it's almost Christmas. I've even been prepared for it, somewhat, working in retail. We had to nearly wrestle on of the managers to keep from playing Christmas music before Thanksgiving. It's been a blur, I feel bad that I'm just not in the Christmas mood this year. Then again there are other circumstances that have caused this.

Last week a John Waters Christmas CD made its way into the player at work. It is certainly not anything we can play during open hours. A said that Tiny Tim singing Rudolph was the first time she'd smiled during a Christmas song all season.

No comments: